GRANITE GEAR is looking for an innovative, creative and talented individual, with a strong work ethic, to direct and manage the Design Team across all creative projects for the brand. Granite Gear is an outdoor bag & pack company specializing in innovative outdoor & travel gear. Granite Gear, founded in 1986, is passionate about offering outdoor products that are not just creative, but innovative. True innovation starts with the fire of an idea, is tested on the trail, and stands the test of time.
This job offers:
– Chance to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
– Own your job and be accountable for your work.
This exciting opportunity will report directly to the VP of Sales & Marketing.
– Have a deep understanding of leading creative teams, creating processes and procedures, and meeting industry setting deadlines
– Direct/Manage the Design team and contribute in the designing and developing of bags and building technical specification packs (tech packs), lead the design team through the design process, from concept and/or product brief to production
– Building, revising, and updating technical packs as changes occur through the seasons
– Communicate with our factories, building strong relationships with our partners
– Research, organize and catalog trend/color inspiration images for each season
– Build and create presentation and inspiration boards as well as power point presentations
– Build, maintain, and organize a Color, Fabrics, and Trims library
– Design, manage, and maintain the e-commerce Granite Gear website
– Source new factories when needed
– Wear many “hats” across the organization
– Travel internationally for product development and to oversee bulk production runs
– Design and layout trade show booths, and attend trade shows to oversee build and set up booth as well as meet with factories and suppliers
– 7+ Years of Product or Industrial Design Experience in soft goods or related products preferred
– Bachelor’s Degree – BS/BA/BFA – or equivalent from a four-year college (Industrial Design or Product Design Preferred)
– Graphic Design skills are a must
– Must establish, drive, and maintain the creative direction for the brand
– Exceptional drawing / hand sketching abilities
– In-depth knowledge of fabrics, embellishments and construction/sewing techniques a must
– Proficiency in all design related programs on Mac, the Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, as well as Word, Power Point and Excel
– Must possess an eye for fashion, color and graphics and the ability to follow market trends
– Must be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines and implement quick revisions
– Successful work performance demonstrating an ability to communicate effectively
– Displays initiative and innovation on the job
– Utilizes productive work methods. Must have ability to multitask, work independently and be a team player
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive benefits
GRANITE GEAR LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified diverse candidates to apply. GRANITE GEAR LLC does not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, age, or any other protected category.
Libertyville, IL, US.
If interested, email President of Granite Gear, Rob Coughlin at Rob@GraniteGear.com. Include cover letter, portfolio and resume.